As you know each year Westlake High School Athletics/Activities host our annual Thunder Awards. This year will be no different. We have gone thru the nomination process and at this time we Congratulate all of our student/athletes and congratulate all of our many nominees and finalists for this years Thunder Awards. All student/athletes will have an opportunity see who the finalists are and to vote. Your Head Coaches will be sending you a ballot with voting due by Monday, May 11th at Noon.
How will you VOTE:
- Your Head Coach will send you a Google Form Ballot to your school email address.
- All Voting must take place using your Westlake school email. Only 1 vote person.
- All ballots must be completed by Monday, May 11th at Noon.
When is the Thunder Awards :
Thunder Awards and Thunder Night Lights will take place on Wednesday, May 27th. Here are the details:
- Virtual Award Ceremony will be released on May 27th at 5:00 pm. We encourage all of you to watch it and cheer for your fellow team mates and fellow athletes.
- Award Presentations and Thunder Night Lights: On Wednesday evening (THAT SAME NIGHT) from 8:00-9:30 pm we will be hosting Thunder Night Lights. All of Westlake’s Coaching Staffs will be lined around the school loop for one last good bye for this school year. All winners will be able to pick up their awards that evening from their Coach.
- At 8: 20 pm (2020 Military Time) and to honor all of our seniors and student/athletes the Stadium Lights will be turned on for the evening.
- We will have to still recognize and follow social distancing guidelines and policies that may be in place. Please stay in your cars and be safe as you come enter the school loop from the South end of Campus. Signs and cones will be posted to assist you in going the correct direction.
We truly miss and love each and everyone of you and especially our outgoing Seniors. We hope to provide you with a great night to reminisce the good times you have all had as a Student/Athlete here at Westlake High School. So, please vote and we look forward to celebrating each of you and seeing all of your smiles. Remember that each of you have stood for “Light and Excellence” and we are proud of all of you. Remember in tough times to always “Stand Tall” and always know we are here for you because we are Thunder Together.
We will see you all on Wednesday, May 27th and Go Thunder!!!
Michael P. O’Connor, CMAA Athletic Director